[pmwiki-users] Links to nothing changes cause side effect

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Mon Feb 20 17:57:21 CST 2006

Well... I know people didn't like the links to nothing bringing up
the editor... and didn't like the question marks... ALL of which
were trivially dealt with btw... so now we have always have links.
The downside is that with PmCalendar, it can not longer exploit the
difference in class for a link that has content versus one that
doesn't.  So now, EVERY calendar day shows that it has content, even
though they clearly don't.

This is frustrating since I see no good reason for the change.  I can
probably write CODE (yes.. .code, css is now useless for this) to
try to do something by adding my own class... but even then the behavior
is radically different since you now go to a sub-step before
actual edit.

Why did we do this again?

Since NONE of my pages that I create suffer from the
common arguments for the change, I do not see why the
change was needed.

Sigh....