[pmwiki-users] Proposed Default Stylesheet (pmwiki.css)

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun Feb 19 13:47:46 CST 2006

Joachim Durchholz schrieb:

> I see to reasonable decisions at this time:
> 1) Punt on the issue, and always have that empty space between
> enumeration and normal text. That's how HTML was designed after all.
> 2) Detect the situation, and insert a paragraph with a 0.1 pixel height
> between adjacent <ul>s (and anything else that's paragraph-like in HTML
> but isn't in PmWiki). It's an ugly hack IMNSHO.

Accidentally hit the Send button. A better technique would be to insert
an ordinary empty paragraph between every two <ul>s.
It's still an ugly hack, of course.

Third option: doing it with classes. Have a "nobottommargin" and
"notopmarging" class that reset the respective margins to zero. A
paragraph followed by a <ul> would have <p class="nobottommargin">.
I don't particularly like that one, too. It means PmWiki can't generate
output for a paragraph until it has looked at the next paragraph - yuck.
Also, I'm not sure that all browsers can apply more than one class to a
tag - they *should* be able to, but I suspect bugs in that area.

Ah well. I'd stick with having that whitespace above and below every
enumeration. The alternatives are too tricky: they require too much code
in PmWiki, and they test too many of the murkier areas of browsers...

Regards,
Jo