[pmwiki-users] Proposed Default Stylesheet (pmwiki.css)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Feb 18 13:30:04 CST 2006

On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 01:03:55PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> Saturday, February 18, 2006, 1:38:19 AM, Patrick wrote:
> > However, I still want to hear how one would handle the spacing of
>
> >     <h1>Heading</h1>
>
> > before I commit to eating newlines around headings.
>
> I would give all headers (h1 to h6) margin-bottom:0; margin-top:0;
> and <p> margin-top:0.5em;

This helps ... I figured that doing this would require changing
the margins of the <p> element.

But going a bit further, I think this also means that every paragraph
(or partial paragraph that is enclosed in <p>...</p>) must be followed
by full paragraph whitespace, yes?  In other words, there's not a way
to use the settings you've just described and get something like
what currently exists in the Cookbook.GeminiSkin page...?

    '''Colour Schemes'''
    * Blue colours
    * Sky colours
    * Sky-Blue colours
    * Sand colours

With the <p> elements having a full margin-bottom component, that
would mean that the list would end up with vertical whitespace between
"Colour schemes" and the first item in the list,  yes?  How could
we deal with that?