[pmwiki-users] Automatic linking

Karl Loncarek dh2mll at web.de
Fri Feb 17 06:20:58 CST 2006

Joachim Durchholz <jo at durchholz.org> wrote in
news:43F5B45E.9060904 at durchholz.org:

> Karl Loncarek schrieb:
>> Creation of a page takes around 0.4 seconds longer with this script
>> activated.
>
> I'd consider that too much: 0.4 seconds will noticeably add to the
> usual network delays. In a LAN, even 0.1 seconds would be noticeable
> and "too slow".
> Of course, a lot depends on the machine that's doing the operations,
> so those 0.4 seconds aren't necessarily too slow for everybody. Still,
> 0.4s seems like there are some algorithmic inefficiencies in the code
> (such as adding to an array one entry at a time, or reading all
> existing page files for each update).
>
> Regards,
> Jo

Well maybe, when I officially released it you are welcome to look at the
ode and give hints efficient code or change it on your own. In fact I
was searching the web to get some information which PHP commands are
faster than others.

Nevertheless I'll try to isolate parts of the code that take long.

In fact the above test was made on a windows machine with around 1000
crosslinks.

At first I wanted a working version. Now I can go through the source and
try to optimize stuff.

--
Bye
Karl (aka Klonk)