[pmwiki-users] XHTML validation errors in PmWiki and in commentboxstyled.php

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Feb 16 07:40:35 CST 2006

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 11:18:06AM +0100, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just found two things that don't properly validate in the latest
> stable PmWiki (sorry, can't upgrade to latest revision right now).
>
> 1) (this one goes to PM) Doing
>    ''[@
>    blah
>    @]''
> will generate
>    <em><pre>
>    blah
>    </pre></em>

Nor is there a requirement that inline markups exist inside of

The validator *should* be complaining that a block markup (<pre>)
is nested inside of an inline markup (<em>).  I'm sticking by
my position that it's not worth the trouble for PmWiki to try to
detect and prevent *all* such invalid sequences.  (The classic
example is

    '''This produces ''invalid HTML''' output''.