[pmwiki-users] warning before upload overwrite?

Patrick Ogay lists at basel-inside.ch
Thu Feb 16 03:20:12 CST 2006

>At the moment, no.  We could see about adding
>an "Overwrite existing upload" checkbox to the upload form,
>however, then an author would have to check the box before
>the overwrite is allowed.

it's very dangerous, when a user can replace a existing file (securty, sabotage).
A nice feature would be, when the old file is backuped due to a specificatio in configfile.

filename.suff  -> filename.suffix.bak01-n  [highest latest)
or
a number of generations -gen01 [always the newest]
                        -gen0n [oldest version]   n-Generations

regards
Patrick Ogay

P.S
Thanks to pm for the hints with the search-form