[pmwiki-users] Can't edit with monobook skin

Bronwyn Boltwood bronwyn at bronwynb.info
Tue Feb 14 12:17:53 CST 2006

On 2/12/06, Comit <sam at usamedia.tv> wrote:
> Going through the CSS file here's the only part that looks like it's related
> to the editting page, which I've never modified yet:

Try commenting it out by surrounding it with /* */ -- as in
/*
comment
*/

> "Comit" <sam at usamedia.tv> wrote in message
> news:dsmglh$sap$1 at sea.gmane.org...
> >I just installed the monobook skin and customed the color theme.  I love
> >it. Just one problem - I can't edit pages anymore. I just get a blank page,
> >no edit fields or anything.  Even if I manually type the edit action
> >command into the url. It works fine with other skins, however. Any idea how
> >I can fix this?

Have you tested it with the default skin?  I ask because the edit form
is controlled by Site.EditForm.  So if Site.EditForm is the source of
the problem, something should be wrong no matter what skin you have.
To find out, you should:

1. Test it with the default skin.  Does it work?  Then it's probably
the skin rather than the editform template.  If there's problems with
the default skin, then go on.
2. Redownload the zip of your version of PmWiki and extract a fresh
copy of Site.EditForm and put in wikilib.d where it belongs.  Now you
should have a good virgin copy of Site.EditForm in wikilib.d.
3. If there's a Site.EditForm in wiki.d, rename it to something like
Site.EditForm.bad.  That will force PmWiki to use the version in
wikilib.d.
4. Test again.  Hopefully it works now.  If it doesn't, it's time to
go through your config.php with a fine-tooth comb, commenting out all
cookbook recipes for a start.

Test with some other skins -- preferably actively maintained ones that
don't mess about with the editform at all-- and see if they have the
same problem.

> > Also, is the sidebar per-group with this skin? Seems to be..was wondering
> > if I could just retain the site-wide sidebar, if possible.

If there's a group sidebar, it uses it.  Otherwise, it falls back to
the sitewide sidebar.  Same principle goes for wherever else the skin
includes a wikipage.  So there's two ways to handle it:

1. Delete all group sidebars.
2. in the tmpl file, change the line
          <!--wiki:$Group.SideBar $SiteGroup.SideBar-->
          <!--wiki:$SiteGroup.SideBar-->

Bronwyn