[pmwiki-users] categories and Category.GroupFooter

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 09:36:44 CST 2006

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Because of ongoing confusion about how to create category
> listings in PmWiki (i.e., 'link=' versus '!{$Name}'), I'm
> thinking that we should just add a Category.GroupFooter page
> into the distribution that has the markup already prepared.
>
> Pro: categories will work "out of the box" for most people,
>      easier to document
> Con: It's yet another page & group created for the admin when
>      PmWiki is first installed
>
> Comments?

I like categories, but my spontaneous response is that I wouldn't want
another page/group by default... The name is also rather specific to
English, isn't it?

Could the documentation for installing, or rather customizing an
installation, contain instructions for creating a suitable
Category.GroupFooter?

If we think a manual copy&paste is too much work, I'd rather see a special
'?action=setup-categories' or something in order to do this.

/Christian