[pmwiki-users] Precreating/Generating PMWiki pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Feb 3 12:00:26 CST 2006

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 08:17:04AM +0100, Marian Aldenhövel wrote:
> Is it possible at all to create pages in a PMWiki by not using
> PMWiki itself? If so, is there documentation of the format? Which
> headers are required, which can I ignore?

Two answers--

1.  I've been thinking that it might be useful if PmWiki's
PageStore function could read plain text files on disk
as though they were wiki markup.  Then no special formatting
would be needed for applications such as this -- one could just
drop a text file into the appropriately named place.  As soon as the
page is edited by PmWiki, however, it's then stored in the standard
PmWiki format.

Perhaps this capability would need to be disabled by default for security
reasons.

Any comments?

2.  The format for PmWiki's files is very simple.  Essentially
you only need the following:

    urlencoded=1
    time=1111111111
    text=<page_markup_text>

where <page_markup_text> is the text of the page with percent signs
replaced by "%25" and newlines replaced by "%0a" sequences.
See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageFileFormat for more details.