[pmwiki-users] ExternMap?

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 04:52:57 CST 2006

Thursday, February 2, 2006, 10:25:48 AM, Christophe wrote:
> What I am looking for is a simple way (and Site.Intermap would be
> perfect for that) to specify the "url prefix" of a server where
> images are stored.

I think the discussion is going around in circles.
Christophe, what you are looking for is already possible from
pmwiki 2.1.beta7 onwards, but not in version 2.0.13 or earlier.
And it is possible via an intermap definition:

Define in Site.Intermap or local/localmap.txt:
   ISP     http://www.userisp.com/username/images/

and use in page:
   ISP:imagename.jpg

This will display the image as image, not as plain text.
But it displays only a text string in pmwiki version 2.0.13 and
earlier.

I wrote earlier:
> Site.InterMap capability was added in pmwiki 2.1.beta7.
> Perhaps that changed also the ability to display images written as
> intermap links.

and Pm replied:
> It's not supposed to change how images work.

I just did another test with back versions:
From pmwiki 2.1.beta7 images would show as images when using intermap
links, before that version only a text string would be displayed, like
ISP:imagename.jpg

Best,
~Hans