[pmwiki-users] Subject: Using pmwikiedit in PmWiki V2

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Thu Feb 2 03:23:58 CST 2006

> Umm, I think there is a "'post' => 1," needed to post as well. You
> also need "action => 'edit'" instead of action => post..
>
> When you finish this, I would love to give it a whirl!
Thanks the following code seems to work:

my $req = POST $wikiurl, [
    action	=> 'edit',
    post		=> '1',
    pagename	=> $wikipage,
    text		=> $text,
];

My initial goal is to be able to append time and date stamped text to
the bottom of a page. As an anti spam measure I am planning to use a
code embedded in the Subject line:

Subject: [MySecretCode] The rest of the subject goes here

Email with the wrong code would be ignored.

I understand Patrick's point about users not wanting to bother with
CPAN, so I'll have a go at developing a PHP version too. There is a PHP
mailer library that I have used in the past. I'll check to see if it
could be uploaded to the user's cookbook directory and if it will work
with the command line version of PHP.

Once I have a working version, I'll see if I can address the problem of
simultaneous edits.

Ian.