[pmwiki-users] Minor issue on beta 22: Extra <DT> tag

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 1 22:46:09 CST 2006

On 2/1/06, DaveG <pmwiki at solidgone.com> wrote:

> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 06:18:30PM -0500, DaveG wrote:
> >> I just upgraded to b22. It looks like the searchresults output has
> >> changed a little from b13. Each line item now has an empty <dt> tag:
> >
> > It's not supposed to get the empty <dt> tag -- I need to
> > see what's happening there.  If you get a chance, enter this as a
> > PITS entry so I don't forget...?
> Entered as 00658.
>
> > It can be done within the SitePagelistTemplates page, by placing
> > a style on the line(s) that generate(s) the group headers.
> For future readers I used a div:
>
>     [[#default]]
>     (:if ! equal {=$Group} {<$Group}:)
>
>     (:div style='border-top:1px dashed #aaa; margin:10px 0 3px 0;':)
>     :[[{=$Group}]]:
>     (:divend:)
>     (:if:)
>     : :[[{=$Group}/{=$Name}|$Titlespaced]]
>     [[#defaultend]]

except the "definitionless term" and "termless definitions" appear to
be a semantic kludge being used to achieve a presentation effect.  Are
they in fact definitions?  Shouldn't it be an unordered list?

The following default renders the same as the beta22 default (in the
default skin and LeanSkin) except it's an unordered list, not a
definition list with missing terms and definitions.

    [[#default]]
    (:if ! equal {=$Group} {<$Group}:)

    >>searchresults<<
    (:if:)
    **%list-style=none%[[{=$Group}/{=$Name}]]%%
    [[#defaultend]]
    >><<

Anyway, it seems like an unordered list with a class= attribute and a
CSS selector in the stylesheet would be an improvement over the
current definitionless/termless setup, unless there's a good reason
I'm missing for doing that...

Hagan