[pmwiki-users] Simple Forum -- Can't create new posts

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 1 16:33:36 CST 2006

On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 05:28:59PM -0500, DaveG wrote:
> I was also wondering if there was a variable that contained the number
> of posts on a page. My intent is to have a link next to the normal Edit
> link, for Discuss. It would be neat if it could read with the number of
> posts, ie:
>     Discuss (5)

PmWiki keeps track of the number of revisions on a page, but not
the number of posts.  I'm thinking that the way to do this is
to come up with a pattern that can count the number of posts on a
page, and then save that as a page attribute.  It can then be picked
up as a page variable.

Any thoughts as to what the pattern should be...?