[pmwiki-users] Folder / File accessing problem

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Dec 22 09:00:53 CST 2006

Hervé VICO wrote:
> I've got a strange problem with my pmwiki-site :
> When I use the search tool, or I want to access to Site.AuthUser
> administration page for example, an error message appears. It explains
> me tha it cannot open /pub/skins/gemini/wikilib.d/PmWikiFr.OtherVariables
>
> That's normal because this path /pub/skins/gemini/wikilib.d points to a
> folder that doesn't exist at all !!!
> the file PmWikiFr.OtherVariables is actually located in /wikilib.d
>
> Where does this strange path come from ?
>

> Thanks for Any Answer & Thanks for All !!!!!
>
> Hervé

Any progress? List's been pretty busy lately, not surprising a few
questions get missed.

I'm afraid this one is definitely beyond my skills. I suspect one of the
over-ridden URL strings is causing the problem.

Couple of ideas, though, to help narrow things down.

- Are you using the standard single-wiki install, or have you moved
directories around?
- Try going back to the default skin but keeping the translation.

Can you give us the URL? Also, in config.php set $EnableDiag=1;
This will enable the gurus to peek at some of the settings. (One more
example of why PmWiki rocks; when a new user says "I don't have a clue
how to find out if my server has xyz, the gurus can easily find out for
them!)

I assume you're using version 2.something.

Cheers!

Sandy

-----

Experience means you've made the mistake before. I proudly claim to be
very experienced.