[pmwiki-users] new zap release...

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Thu Dec 21 21:10:21 CST 2006

Some problems on the site:
  - Some areas of the site still require login. Snipets in particular,
also Documentation.
  - I actually can't login with Guest/test, nor can I register.

I'm trying to get some basics working with Zap:
  - Getting a bunch of "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
in C:\temp\pmwiki-2.2.0-beta17\cookbook\zap.php on line 103" errors on a
basic PmWiki install, only cookbook is Zap. Looks like this may be a
known issue.
  - What I'm most struggling with is displaying data stored on another
page. How are those variables referenced?
  - It appears that you wouldn't store multiple records with the same
field names in a single page. Thus, lists would be constructed by
storing 'records' in separate pages, and displaying the records in list
format via pagelist. Is that correct?

Some suggestions:
  - provide basic examples.
    - Show how to display data from another page.
    - Point out somewhere early on that Zap relies heavily on pagelists,
and provide some examples.

  - I remember seeing a quote: "pages can be treated like db records,
with individual fields in them". If this is true, it helped put things
into context, and should be on the site.

  - Context is important. Fox is very simple to understand as it sticks
with data and display templates for displaying data. Zap's concepts are
not well defined in the docs.

  ~ ~ Dave