[pmwiki-users] Can't create new pages

HaganFox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 21 19:03:54 CST 2006

info <info <at> hassanein.ch> writes:

> On Thursday 21 December 2006 23:20, dso wrote:
> > You need to mkdir Public and then chmod 777 Public
> Yes I know that's a possible way to achieve it.
> But I would like to create pages through the pmWiki system online.
>
> I installed pmWiki on another Webserver and there I do not have this problem.

One possibility would be that this server is running with PHP Safe Mode enabled
and the other one is not.  If Safe Mode enabled you will need to create any
directories and "chmod 777" them.  (Is that a verb?)

If Safe Mode is enabled a script cannot, under any circumstances, create a
directory and then write anything in that self-created directory.

Hagan