[pmwiki-users] Navigator vs Jump Box

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Dec 21 13:32:34 CST 2006

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:

> I think it might be enough to do
>
>     (:input form ...:)
>     (:pagelist ...:)
>     (:input submit:)
>     (:input end:)
>
> and it should without java script.   It should be possible to get the
> additional directives into the format #navigator with some if:s
>
> cheers
> /Christian

Since I design and write desktop applications, this is how
I think, but this may not translate to a PHP--> Web UI:

Of course we know that Java can trap
mouse events, and obviously PMwiki responds to
some subset of mouse events... so....

What is wanted is a "menu button" that, upon menu selection
a mouseup event is sent with the selection as a parameter
(in this case a page-url) that issues a "go to page"
in this context: that serves up the selected
page without an additional user action required.
  (i.e. eliminate "Submit" requirement).

Is that what you are saying might be
doable with additional directives  in the format #navigator
construct? I don't want to waste time fiddling with it
if it simply is not possible...

hmmm. I see this may be doable with zap "select+" ??

Sivakatirswami