[pmwiki-users] ZAP question: keep and textarea

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Dec 20 18:02:52 CST 2006

On 12/20/06, Brian <brianbashi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello pmwiki-users,
>
>  Suppose I have the code:
>
>   (:input textarea copy cols=80 rows=6:)
>
> How do I integrate (:keep:)? I would like copy/pasted text to
> be as close to the original as possible. Is this what KEEP is intended
> for? As of now I have to add \\ manually.

I don't think you can do it (yet) with the standard input text.
Hopefully Pm will be adding that capability soon.

As long as zap is enabled, you can do it like this:

(:zapdata Group.Name:)  //page where data is stored...
(:textarea name=field:)(:keep {$field}:)(:textareaend:)  //set field
to whatever...

And yes, it should do what you want.  No \\'s are needed and you can
even indent with spaces and it works fine.  See these pages:

http://www.fast.st/zap/pmwiki.php?n=Snippets.MagicBoxes
http://www.fast.st/zap/pmwiki.php?n=Docs.TextArea
http://www.fast.st/zap/pmwiki.php?n=Docs.MagicBoxes

Cheers,