[pmwiki-users] New recipe: Fox

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Dec 20 13:46:41 CST 2006

Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 3:46:30 PM, Daniel wrote:

> hei, Fox is really great! Just what I wanted!
> I want to use it for a small Trouble Ticket system.

> Now one small question:
> After click on "submit" I generate a new page in a given group called "Log".

> Is there a chance to define the name of this new page dynamically with
> the current date like:
> "Log.20061220001" where 001 is a autoincrement?

Thanks Daniel! It would be easy to add the current day (today) as
a page variable, which can populate as value an Input 'target' field.
I use that with BlogSimple:

# add page variable {$Today2} in format yyyymmdd
$FmtPV['$Today2'] = 'strftime("%Y%m%d", time() )';

But to add an incrementing counter to the page name is a lot more
complex, as the script needs to check the page names in the target
group, check the date, find the highest running number for the date,
add one and set this as new target name. Probably can be done, just
not quite so simple as using a date page variable.

Maybe someone got an idea here?

Hans