[pmwiki-users] Does RewriteEngine interfere with DirectoryIndex?

Reda El Khayyat redaek at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 20 13:33:42 CST 2006

Hi,
I have a strange problem.
I'm trying to clean the url using the 'RewriteEngine' suggested method.
The wiki files are stored in root/wiki/.
I also have an index.html in the root folder, however since the
RewriteEngine is on, the index.html is no longer accessible.

I tried to add DirectoryIndex index.html to the .htaccess but had no luck.

Does anyone know what could be the problem? Thanks in advance for any
answer.

Cheers,
Reda