[pmwiki-users] New recipe: Fox

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Wed Dec 20 06:29:19 CST 2006

Patrick R. Michaud said...
> On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 07:20:17PM -0000, marc wrote:
> > Hans said...

> > > I take it that your problem with page save is only with fox.php, and
> > > you can save pages fine from the normal edit window.
> >
> > Yes.
> > >
> > > I don't know if calling the Lock function does make a difference,
> > > i.e. HandelEdit calls Lock before calling UpdatePage, in fox.php Lock
> > > is not called. When Pm wrote about how to use UpdatePage he did  not
> > > mention Lock. But it may be an idea to try and add Lock(2); at the
> > > beginning of FixHandlePost, and Lock(0); at the end of the function
> > > before Redirect, and see what happens? Just guessing, as I have no
> > > clue.
> >
> > My method is always to isolate the problem, then start hacking :-)
> > Hopefully, the issue will be obvious once isolated.
>
> I don't know if this is the issue, but there's at least one big
> nasty potential bug in fox.php:  all of the calls to RetrieveAuthPage()
> are passing READPAGE_CURRENT, which means that any page history
> is being lost when UpdatePage() is called.
>
> The READPAGE_CURRENT value says "give me only the most recent
> version of the page without any page history", so then UpdatePage()
> doesn't have the page history available to save along with the page.
>
> Again, I don't know if that's related to the current issue, but
> it's at least something to be looked at.

Unrelated to your post, Pm, but I want to continue the thread...

The problem is that $Author is empty on entry to author.php - obviously
I'm entering an author value in the form's author field. (Since, $Author
is set to $AuthId when logged in, this is not an issue in that case.)

So, my question is: where does fox.php expect $Author to be set to the
value from the form, $_POST['author']?

--
Best,
Marc