[pmwiki-users] Navigator vs Jump Box

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Wed Dec 20 04:39:49 CST 2006

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 05:52:59PM -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
> I got this working:
>
> [@
> [[#navigator]]
> (:if equal {=$FullName} {*$FullName}:)
> (:input select name=n  selected=selected {=$FullName} "{=$Name}":)
> (:if ! equal {=$FullName} {*$FullName}:)
> (:input select name=n {=$FullName} "{=$Name}":)
> [[#navigatorend]]
> @]
>
> (:pagelist fmt=#navigator group={$Group}:)
>
> Of course it doesn't do anything except populate the drop downlist
> with the pages in  the current group...
>
> so to turn it into a "real" navigator... is "jumpBox" our only option? or
> does the  latest PM wiki offer a simpler method(s)
>
> Goal: relieve pages of long lists of pages in a group and provide a drop
> down to
> let users click, select and navigate to other  pages.

The jumpbox uses JavaScript, which is a disadvantage because not
everyone has JavaScript turned on.  The advantage of the jumpbox is that
all you do is change the selection and away it will go to the page.

To make a non-JavaScript solution, you would need to add, before your
pagelist, a (:form :) start (I forget the exact syntax) and after it, a
submit button and a (:form end:), to make it a proper form where data
can be submitted.  Then your users would select the desired page from
the list, and click the submit button to actually go to the page.

Kathryn Andersen