[pmwiki-users] jspspellcheck - update

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Dec 19 15:05:01 CST 2006

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 01:24:01PM -0800, Seth Cherney wrote:
> "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> >  I looked at jspspellcheck over the weekend, but since it makes use
> >  of Java servlets I'm not sure how to make that work in my hosted
> >  environment. If someone can give me a quick tutorial of how to
> >  install/configure the Java servlet portion I might be able to
> >  help a bit more, but it wasn't instantly obvious to me how to do it.
>
> ***I think that is since you dont have tomcat installed and/or enabled.
> it depends on each host, send an email to admin if you are super
> interested.

Ummmmmm, I am the admin for my server.  I tried emailing myself, but
that just got me a response that I didn't know much about installing
or enabling tomcat.  ;-)

But that's at least more than I knew before, which is that
jspspellcheck requires tomcat to work, which means it's likely
to have limited applicability for many people.

Thanks!