[pmwiki-users] New recipe: Fox

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Dec 19 13:49:56 CST 2006

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 07:37:17PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> Tuesday, December 19, 2006, 7:31:47 PM, Patrick wrote:
>
> > I don't know if this is the issue, but there's at least one big
> > nasty potential bug in fox.php:  all of the calls to RetrieveAuthPage()
> > are passing READPAGE_CURRENT, which means that any page history
> > is being lost when UpdatePage() is called.
>
> > The READPAGE_CURRENT value says "give me only the most recent
> > version of the page without any page history", so then UpdatePage()
> > doesn't have the page history available to save along with the page.
>
> So READPAGE_CURRENT can be left out?

Yes.  If READPAGE_CURRENT is left out then the entire page is read,
including history.

> Strange though that I get a page history when saving posts.
> Well I get one on my site, but not on the pmwiki fox testsite....

Well, you should get one history entry -- the history for the
most recent update.  But any history prior to that should be
lost.

If it's not being lost on your site, then perhaps you have a
custom PageStore somewhere that isn't doing anything special
for READPAGE_CURRENT...?