[pmwiki-users] jspspellcheck - update

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Dec 18 13:45:20 CST 2006

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 09:45:18AM -0800, Seth Cherney wrote:
>    I am still trying to get jspspellcheck to work (I suppose there are not
>    too many people in hosted environments, since otherwise this would be more
>    popular).

I looked at jspspellcheck over the weekend, but since it makes use
of Java servlets I'm not sure how to make that work in my hosted
environment.  If someone can give me a quick tutorial of how to
install/configure the Java servlet portion I might be able to
help a bit more, but it wasn't instantly obvious to me how to do it.

In particular, I get to the steps in the jspspellcheck instructions
that say:

    BTW, as an alternitive you can just unzip this WAR into your WAR,
    just don't include the /WEB-INF/web.xml and /META-INF/* files.

    1. Place the files in the jspspellcheck directory into a place
    that you feel comfortable with (inside your war)

I have no idea what a "WAR" is, or where it might be on my
server.  When I attempt to run the examples, my server returns
the .jsp files as plain text rather than executing them on the
server, or whatever is supposed to happen.

>    IS THERE an issue of permissions for the script?  will pmwiki disallow
>    this for some reason?  On click, nothing happens, no error messages, but
>    no execute.

PmWiki itself doesn't disallow anything, no.