[pmwiki-users] Using Site.AuthUser for Controlling Access to wiki Page Groups

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Mon Dec 18 03:11:49 CST 2006

> Perhaps all this is already present in the framework and someone
> can jus point me in the right direction. I *could* use PMwiki password
> but then you have to configure every single group, and if you make a new
> group you have to go and configure that one... you need to keep an
> offline list of users and what password you have assigned to what groups
> etc.
> whereas doing all this at Site.AuthUser would be marvelous.

You can use the GroupName.GroupAttributes to set permissions for a whole
group. This can contain user groups that you have set in Site.AuthUser.
To restate your problem slightly:) I think you want some mechanism of
automatically creating GroupName.GroupAttributes prefilled with the
Site.AuthUser groups to give correct permissions.

Ian.