[pmwiki-users] horribly confused on ZAP create and pagetemplate

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Sun Dec 17 19:02:10 CST 2006

On Dec 17, 2006, at 10:34 AM, Brian wrote:

> Hello pmwiki-users,
>
> My goal is to create pages with ZAP using a form and template. I
> decided to start small by just learning to create simple pages using
> ZAP, but failed miserably. Here is my snippet:
>
> My site is related to the stock market, so I want the pages to be
> named as a stock
> symbol, in the group "Stocks".
>

> (:zapform `symbol` :)
> (:input text create "<Stocks>"."<{symbol}>">:)
> (:input submit value="create page":)
> (:zapend:)

Hi, Brian,

Mind you I don't know ANYTHING about ZAP writing with templates.  But
I wrote up a rather extensive analysis of a working Business
Directory on PmWiki.org.

See if it is any help to you, because ZAP is pretty confusing, and I
went over what I did line-by-line and explained them, then pointed to
relevant ZAP documentation.  Right now is NOT a good time to be
looking at ZAP snippets on the site, however -- Dan/Caveman is in the
middle of revamping the recipe and changed most of the snippets for
the *new* ZAP version before leaving for the weekend -- so the
documentation on the ZAP site may be off right now :/

So the version of zap.php you're using is in alignment with the page
I put on pmwiki.org -- hopefully it helps:

http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ZAPBusinessDirectory

Crisses