[pmwiki-users] HTTP 404 with IE, a pmwiki bug?

L. Bell labellz at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 17 17:28:35 CST 2006

I am building a new wiki from scratch, so I had a page of predefined
links to a bunch of pages that need to be created.  Users were
working from that list, not creating their own pages.
Else I might have noticed this sooner.

For my IE6 users:
* if they click on one of those predefined links to a non-existent
page, it opens them right up in Edit mode (I have an edit template
defined for the group, and they see it correctly)
* if they then click Cancel, they get an HTTP 404 page not found message
* if they instead click Save, the page is correctly saved

Also for IE6 users, as reported in my earlier email, using
forumstyled.php:
* they can post a reply to an existing topic
* they can not create a new topic - they get 404 page not found

Hans - per your earlier suggestion, I had them try to create a new
page by typing a new page name directly into the URL.  They also get
404 page not found error.

Liz

For my IE users,