[pmwiki-users] New recipe: Fox

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Sun Dec 17 06:21:13 CST 2006

Hans said...
> I like to announce the release of a new recipe, called Fox:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Fox
>
> Fox is a form processing extension, using Pmwiki's built in input
> forms. Fox can post to the current page, or a specified target page.
> It will not overwrite or delete any pages, but will append or prepend
> the posted content at specified places in the page. One can use a
> template string or a template page to format the posted content. Fox
> uses special markup as spaceholders on the template. One can add
> special delete links or buttons, with which either single lines posted
> whole multi-line posts can be deleted. Fox has a number of security
> settings to allow and manage posts by users who do not have edit
> access. This recipe has grown out of a substantial modification and
> improvement of AddDeleteLine2, combining most of its features and the
> best of CommentBoxPlus.
>
> Please have a look at it, have a look at the examples on my site, and
> bring your comments and suggestions. Thank you!

Hi Hans,

Looks good, but I can't get it to write messages. I'm using your
CommentBox example for testing.

Here's what I have:

test page: field/Testing.CommentBox
contents (copied from your site unchanged):

(:fox comments template=CommentBoxTemplate:)
|| Heading:||(:input text heading size=60:)
|| ||'''Your Message''' ||
|| ||(:input textarea text cols=60 rows=6:) ||
checked:) or Private [[CommentsPrivate]]:(:input radio target
Fox.CommentsPrivate Private:) ||
|| Author:||(:input text author value='{$Author}' size=30:) (:input
submit post Enter:) ||
(:foxend comments:)

template page: field/Testing/CommentBoxTemplate

contents (copied from your site unchanged):

#foxbegin#
(:div1 class=messagehead:)
>>div2 rfloat<<
(:if expr ( auth admin || author {author} ):){[foxdelrange button]}
(:if:)
>>div2end<<
>>div3 rfloat<<
[-{date:d.m.Y - H:i}-] &nbsp;
>>div3end<<
!!!!!{author}
(:div1end:)
>>messageitem<<
'''{heading}'''
>>messageitem<<
{text}
>><<#foxend#

I've manually created: Testing.Comments, so that it exists.

Whenever I post a message, regardless of privileges, the form is
returned blank and nothing is written to Testing.Comments.

I've made no config settings, as the defaults appear to be sufficient
for testing.

What am I missing?

Cheers,
Marc