[pmwiki-users] New Input Select -- populate drop down from single page content?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Dec 17 03:36:21 CST 2006

On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 06:05:42PM -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
> The group page navigator solves the problem of long lists on pages...
> That's soooo good. I would use that right away...
>
> Questions:
>
> 1. Is this stable? Can I upgrade PMwiki today, use that mark up and not
> have to fix input forms next month?

(:input select ...:) is fairly stable -- I don't think it will change
drastically in the near future.

> 2. I'm interested in the option to populate the option drop down select
> menu with a series of items that would be maintained on a separate wiki
> page.  You have an example for groups,
> (:if false:)
> [[#dropdownlist]]
> (:input select name=n {=$FullName} "{=$Name}":)
> [[#dropdownlistend]]
> (:if:)
>
> (:pagelist fmt=#dropdownlist group=Test:)
>
> But could contents of a single page  become the pull down menu items?

Sure -- it can be done with a trail, as in:

    (:pagelist trail=SomePageTrail fmt=#dropdownlist:)

It can also be done by creating the select box entries
manually, as in:

    (:input form:)
    (:input select n {Chapatis/$PageUrl}  Chapatis  :)
    (:input select n {Oranges/$PageUrl}   Oranges   :)
    (:input select n {Bananas/$PageUrl}   Bananas   :)
    (:input end:)