[pmwiki-users] B-Bay

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Dec 15 11:21:02 CST 2006

Ben Stallings wrote:
> Nicholas wrote,
>> I don't suppose anyone is working on an auctioning
>> cookbook or could suggest how difficult one might be
>> to set up.
>
> Pretty darn tough, would be my guess.  ZAPdata could get you a lot of
> the way there, if you wanted to design a lot of forms yourself.
> Handling bids would be a challenge.
>
> The easier way to go would be to use a separate open-source auction
> program and use AuthUserDbase to use the other program's database for
> your wiki logins, so that a single login would work for both programs.
>
> Good luck!  --Ben S.

Does it have to be similar to EBay? Charities often have silent
auctions, where you add your name and bid to a public list. No automated
bidding. If the "add only" feature has been implemented, that would
prevent people from changing others' bids.

Maybe the forums feature? Each item would be a thread and each bid a post.

Sandy