[pmwiki-users] zap modules questions

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Fri Dec 15 10:38:35 CST 2006

On Dec 15, 2006, at 9:20 AM, The Editor wrote:

> zap (main module)
> * add basic email (from zapmail)
> * add create/destroy/rename pages (from zapfiles).
> * add upload command?

I liked the email being kept separate.  It makes it a not-security-
issue on pages where I want ZAP but don't want anyone sending
emails.  I'm just thinking along the lines of a multi-user site where
perhaps some users are stupid with passwords, but have access to
ZAP.  The people that SHOULD be on the site are trustworthy, but the
people who might get on the site are not.

I don't care if it's in the file, if I must specify in the config
file whether or not to enable email.

In other words, if I just want to make pretty forms that store data,
I don't want forms that might send emails.

> zaplogin
> * a new module for login and new member registration commands

good -- keep it out :)  I don't need it LOL

> zapmail
> * maillists, and newsletters

How about "zapmail" with the email stuff, and "zaplists" for
mailinglist and newsletter subscription management?

> zapdemo
> * template for building your own module.

Could be interesting....

> The idea behind this shift, is I'd like for most users to only have to
> download one script.

I didn't mind downloading the zapmail script to try out email
functions.  Everything else was in the zap.php that I needed.

> I could also create a zaplite module with a heavily stripped down
> version of zap without any extra markups, conditionals, and a bare
> minimum of commands, just for those who want basic data saving
> capability--though it's a bit hard to define which commands are a bare
> minimum...  (I tried this once before but found it a bit hard to keep
> both versions of zap updated).

You can do this on a configuration level, if you disable commands in
the configs by default?
$ZAPConfig['advanced'] = false; //default - baby steps
$ZAPConfig['advanced'] = true; //turn up the volume

> Also, I've simply eliminated about a half dozen commands where they
> could be better handled by markup and/or conditionals.  Hope to have a
> beta out very soon, later today maybe, though updating the
> documentation will take longer...

I would love to help test.  I still need that email form :)

Sorry that I don't have answers for your questions on the developer
list....

Crisses