[pmwiki-users] numeric pagelist sort?

Ben Stallings Ben at InterdependentWeb.com
Thu Dec 14 16:40:56 CST 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> What are you wanting to compare numerically?  Yes, PmWiki can do
> this, but it's probably easier to give a usable example using a real
> field name instead of made-up ones.

Well, the immediate example would be {=$Name}... for example, currently
DataQuery refers to records by their primary key, which is usually an
integer with no leading zeros:
http://www.workscited.net/dataquery/Main/ListRecordsInATable?q=a&group=Article&action=search
(sorry for the long URL).

But even once I get the program to accept alternate key fields, people
may want to sort by numeric fields like {=$:dues_paid}, so it would be
nice to have a general solution.  If none exists, that's fine, but I
thought perhaps a general solution had already been written.  Thanks!  --Ben