[pmwiki-users] Creating an index.html page

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Fri Dec 15 07:27:39 CST 2006

Kevin said...

> Two more simple questions.  Once I have PMwiki installed to my server,
> how do a create a index.html or index.php page that will be the main
> page of my site?

>From the docs PmWiki/Installation

The PmWiki distribution deliberately doesn't include an index.php file.
Resist the temptation to rename pmwiki.php to index.php because if you
rename the file it will not be overwritten during an upgrade. Instead,
add an index.php "wrapper script" with the following single line
(missing a closing " ?>" tag deliberately):

  <?php include('pmwiki.php');

> Also, is it important to leave the PMwiki folder with the same name?

No, but I think most if us do so.

--
Best,
Marc