[pmwiki-users] prevent users from changing seachbox parameters

JB jbit at bitlink.com
Thu Dec 14 14:17:19 CST 2006

>> I know I cannot stop users from manipulating the url in
>> their browser, but how could I prevent that url from
>> changing the search to be different than specified in
>> the searchbox?
>
> Specify the group="Main" in the (:searchresults:)
> directive instead of in the (:searchbox:).
>
> To force the search results
> to be limited to a particular group regardless of
> query parameters, one has to adjust the
> (:searchresults:) markup.

I put the searchresults markup into my
Site.PageActions just below the searchbox.

   (:searchbox group=Main size=25 label=Go:)
   (:searchresults group=Main:)

It still does not stop the fact that if someone removes
"&group=Main" from the url in the browser it will search
ALL the pages.

Now when I do a search it displays results instead of the
page and is also outputs just below the searchbox in the
upper right of the page like below.

     Results of search for  group=Main aa:

     Main /
         PreviousMeetingTopics