[pmwiki-users] Operating on wiki.d outside of PMWiki

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Dec 14 03:55:43 CST 2006

I use Revolution for all tasks, software application development, CGI's,
remote internet desktop client software etc.

it would be *very* easy for me to write a remote internet client
application that could read and interpret files in wiki.d
and display the content  right on my desktop outside of any
browser as such. More significantly, I don't know and probably
will never learn PHP, when I do the same things in xTalk in
1/20  of the time and with much greater ease...

If  I "operate" on files in wiki.d  in two ways:

1. Manipulate file names
2. manipulate content on pages

The format is easily parseable and one could read and write directly
to the text= node, and, if the filenames  were changed by an process
external to PMwiki, I would of course need to update the  name=node
to match the new file name... but all that's quite easy to do.  I just
wonder
if PMwiki is going to have a melt down if we make such changes.

Obvious this hack will not update recent changes or the diff... but
I don't see that this would break anything.

Also where is the primary PMwiki mark strings to HTML output array
that  I might put into my own arrays to operate properly on the text=node?

I have in mind some global operations across sets of files that I would do
by creating a CGI and then calling that with a link inside PMwiki.

In particular  I'm interested in batch processing  sets  of files from one
file-nomenclature  to another after a certain phase in production control
process is complete.

specifically,

TODO-FooProject.2003
TODO-FooProject.2004
(And many other in this series)
want to be "rolled over" into their main group.
FooProject.2006-12-25-2003

The batch processor would examine content in pages to
make  a determination if their  time had come to
go join their mother ship... e.g. (:Status: Completed:)
would be used as such a flag.

I could also just ask the list and how some kind soul will create
  a recipe to meet such a need,  But, I fear I ask too much!
And the CGI to do the job I just describe above,
  could write in 10 minutes.

In  Peace

Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com

Get Hinduism Today Digital Edition. It's Free!
http://www.hinduismtoday.com/digital/