[pmwiki-users] Limiting New Page Creation

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Dec 13 13:53:44 CST 2006

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 11:41:21AM -0800, Seth Cherney wrote:
>    I would like to disable new page creation from within pmwiki, or restrict
>    to admin only (we will be populating with content manually in general).
>    is there a quick way to do this?  Thanks!

You want to continue to allow existing pages to be edited, but
prevent people from creating new pages?  Perhaps something like:

    $pagename = ResolvePageName($pagename);
    if (!PageExists($pagename)) $HandleAuth['edit'] = 'admin';

This says that if a page doesn't exist, then admin privileges
are required to edit it.

Let me know if this works,