[pmwiki-users] Another problem with ChessMarkup (or (:markup:)?) (was: Re: Bug report for Cookbook/ChessMarkup)

Christian Bartolomaeus bartolin at gmx.de
Wed Dec 13 06:23:17 CST 2006

Hi,

* On 2006-12-12 Patrick R. Michaud (pmichaud at pobox.com) wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 10:53:19AM +0100, Christian Bartolomaeus wrote:
> > I think the great ChessMarkup recipe has a bug: As it seems, the
> > notation for queenside castling (O-O-O) isn't recognized properly (it
> > is interpreted as O-O instead). You can see an example at:
> >
> >   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ChessMarkup#bug_with_queenside_castling
>
> Now fixed, thanks!

thanks for the quick fix!

Having a closer look at

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ChessMarkup

I just noticed another problem. It seems that the (:chessboard:)
markup doesn't play well with the (:markup:) directive. If you look at
the second chessboard on the ChessMarkup page you can see that the
moves (given via PGN) are not displayed.

> ====code from Chessboard/ChessMarkup====
>   1. e4 c5                            Sicilian opening
>   2. Nf3 d6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 Nf6
>   5. Nc3 g6                           Dragon variation
>
> and PmWiki treats each of the above PGN entries as moves in a virtual
> game. The [@(:chessboard:)@] markup then displays the state of the
> current game:
>
> (:markup:) [=
> (:chessboard align=center:)
> =]
> ====end of code snippet====

If one inserts (:chessboard:) directly before the (:markup:) directive
everything works fine.

It's not very important to me, but maybe you can take a closer look
whether there is a problem with the (:chessboard:) or the (:markup:)
directive?

BTW, this behaviour wasn't introduced with your latest fix to
chess.php. I tested it with the older version and it was just the
same.

Best regards

Christian