[pmwiki-users] zap rewrite progress...

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Wed Dec 13 06:02:16 CST 2006

On Dec 12, 2006, at 10:57 PM, The Editor wrote:

> I would still like to touchup
> the ZAPfixpage function, but don't really have any better ideas for
> doing what it does right now.  Thanks for everyone's patience, as my
> support of zap has been on hold a bit the last few days.

On the user's side, ZAPfixpage has to be one of the places people get
confused, because the term "fix page" does not mean to the user what
it means to you.  I assume you mean "fix page name" but to me it
might be something like fixing all pages with links to a page I've
renamed.

On the user's end, ZAPfixpage is not a command.  It's just a list of
shortcuts used in other commands.  So why not CALL it "shortcuts" for
the user documentation, since that's really the end of it that the
users are going to see?

I may be missing something, but to my knowledge there's not really
any "(:zapfixpage ... :)" markup, so calling it a function or command
in terms of the documentation user-side is a mess.  To boot, the
documentation for "ZAPfixpage" is under the term "Page" or something
-- to add even more confusion since other pages refer to ZAPfixpage,
but it's not in the documentation list.

In working on the ZAP documentation a bit, I've pointed all
references to ZAPfixpage I came across to the Page documentation.

I could help with documentation efforts if you help me learn what
you're doing. :)  I really do need to understand things to document
them, but I might be better at documentation, in which case it
becomes a divide and conquer scenario.

Also, if you could grant me better access to the ZAP documentation, I
can help on other pages than just the Documentation section -- the
Security page could use page anchors, for example, so other pages can
reference specific sections of the Security document.

Crisses