[pmwiki-users] Page list format

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Dec 12 17:12:30 CST 2006

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 09:50:32AM -0000, marc wrote:
> > The ||class=zebra... line starts a new table, so PmWiki is creating
> > a bunch of 1-row tables, instead of a single table with multiple rows.
> >
> >   [[#titledes]]
> >   (:if equal {<$Group} :)
> >   ||class=zebra border=0 cellspacing=0 width=98% align=center
> >   (:if:)
> >   ||[[{=$FullName}|+]] ||{=$Description}  ||
>
> Patrick, as I mentioned earlier, when using this template with, say:
>
>   (:pagelist fmt=#titledes count=15 order=-time:)
>
> any tables on the same page, after the above pagelist, are zebra-ised
> (i.e. have <table class='zebra') /until/ a table contains a 'class='
> arg.
>
> So, it's easy enough to fix by adding:
>
>   || class=''
>
> But perhaps it shouldn't happen.

The || markup is defined as setting the attributes for any tables
that follow it on the page.  It's been that way since the earliest
days of PmWiki, and I did it this way so that an author can set
the style for multiple tables once (with the first table) and not
have to repeat the line in every table that follows.

Thanks,