[pmwiki-users] (:input select ... :) markup prototype

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Dec 12 14:00:10 CST 2006

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 02:37:49PM -0500, The Editor wrote:
> Also Pm, though I know you haven't settled on the textarea markup yet,
> couldn't we just use the same approach for that input type?
>
> (:input textarea FieldName:)
> (:input default FieldName "some value":)
>
> Perhaps with the "some value" equivalent to [= =] or [@ @] of the
> content to keep html from getting into it.

Yes, I'm thinking that this could be done for textarea as well,
but the biggest issue is that "some value" can't have any newlines
in it.  We could try escaping it with [=...=] to preserve the
newlines, but then the value can't have any escapes or page variables
in it.

And also, it's worth noting that currently any (:input default ... :)
directive has to appear before the field that uses it.  Again, I
can change this so that all (:input default:) markups are
processed before the others, but this would also mean that every
form appearing in a page will have to share the same set of
defaults.