[pmwiki-users] (:input select ... :) markup prototype

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Dec 11 17:06:17 CST 2006

Monday, December 11, 2006, 10:29:13 PM, Patrick wrote:

> The new forms code has a lot more features than what is shown on
> this one page (and I'll write more pages for it), but I could
> use feedback/suggestions on what I have so far.

It looks very promising. Great to see multiple choice support,
and vertical size support. I guess horizontal size could be
manipulated with css via name for instance #abc {width:10em;} ?

But there is a lot of repetitive code:

(:input select name=abc 1 alpha :)
(:input select name=abc 2 beta  :)
(:input select name=abc 3 gamma :)

instead of

(:select abc:)
(:opt 1 alpha :)
(:opt 2 beta  :)
(:opt 3 gamma :)
(:selectend:)

Of course I see that including name=abc avoids the first and last
line (select, selectend). But it will make it bulky if you use a lot
of options.

Can the <select> tag carry a class='inputbox' ?

Hans