[pmwiki-users] overriding class 'wikilink' ??

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Mon Dec 11 09:52:48 CST 2006

Nicholas Buttle wrote:
> looking at my page source gives this...

> text-decoration: none; font-size: smaller;'> <a
> style='color: #4E4541' class='wikilink'
> href='http://localhost/wiki10nov/pmwiki?n=Main.HomePage'>home
> page</a> </span>
>
> this is despite me having put wikistyles round the
> 'home page' link in the sidebar as follows...
>
> %color:#4E4541 text-decoration:none font-size:smaller%
> [[Main/HomePage | home page]] %%
>
> so I guess what's happening is that the wikilink class
> is overriding my wikistyle code.  Is there a way
> either to define a new class in my stylesheet for this
> link and this link only?
>
> TIA

I'd expect the style (color) applied to the A tag to override the class
(wikilink), but CSS and I don't always agree on things like that.

If you want to override one link only, use CSS's ID feature.

css file:
A#mine {abc:def;}

html file:
<A id="mine">

Haven't put the effort into learning enough about wikistyles to give
confident advice on how to do that.

Sandy