[pmwiki-users] paginated pagelists

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Mon Dec 11 06:54:09 CST 2006

Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 04:10:37PM -0600, Ben Stallings wrote:
>> Has anyone figured out a way to paginate pagelists?  It's easy enough to
>> get the first page, with count=10 or whatever, but how would you go
>> about getting the second page?
>
> Can't do it at the moment.
> Vote for the feature to be added:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00689
>
> Kathryn Andersen

Martin has been interested in this for a while.  See his post, dated
10/30/06 "pagelist range problem" and the link to his site, quoted below:

- - -

Yeah, I actually prototyped some stuff for this (by
creating a skip argument to pagelists) a while ago and
did not really like the results.  It is a tricky issue
and it seems like there has to be a better way.

You can see my ugly prototype here:
http://www.theficks.name/test/plext.dev/pmwiki.php?n=Test.Paging?count=10
I thinkt that I mentioned in a previous email that I
would need to be able to do math on a wiki page for
this to be more generic.  Maybe instead we could come
up with some special pagelist variables that would
have the numbers already calculated for us?  Something
like {$$nextpagecount} {$$prevpagecount}.  I really
haven't thought about this much though, so I don't
even know if this makes sense.

With java I used to use the DisplayTable tag which had
powerfull paging abilities, but even it did not get
things quite right.  It still felt like a hack.  It's
not an easy problem.

-Martin

- - -

Pico