[pmwiki-users] WikiGallery

Stefan Schimanski sts at 1stein.org
Sun Dec 10 09:53:37 CST 2006

Ciao Luigi,

> Warning: main(/web/htdocs/www.kirpi.it/home/wiki/cookbook/wikigallery/wikigallery.php)
> [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
> /web/htdocs/www.kirpi.it/home/wiki/local/config.php on line 244
>
> Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening
> '/web/htdocs/www.kirpi.it/home/wiki/cookbook/wikigallery/wikigallery.php'
> for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/lib/php/') in
> /web/htdocs/www.kirpi.it/home/wiki/local/config.php on line 244
>
> Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: gallerypagestore
> in /web/htdocs/www.kirpi.it/home/wiki/local/config.php on line 245
>
> The incriminated lines are:
> include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/wikigallery/wikigallery.php");
> $WikiLibDirs[] = new GalleryPageStore('Pics');

You have to use the correct paths to the wikigallery.php. This might
depend on your installation though, there is no general recipe for
that. If you don't use the wiki farm features you can try to remove the
$FarmD/ from the path. Or you can even use an absolute paths. Where do
you have installed the wikigallery.php script exactly?
It looks like according to the error message, that wikigallery.php is
not at the location cookbook/wikigallery/wikigallery.php where is
normally should be. Or maybe it is there, but not readable by the
webserver (see below for what this means)?

> I tried to follow the instructions, but something is not clear; it says:
>
> "Create the cache directory (below the directory where your pmwiki.php
> is) and the same for the pictures directory. The former must be
> writable by the webserver."
>
> What does "writable by the webserver" mean? It is a way to express
> some particular permissions? Is so, which? Otherwise, how will I make
> sure that the /pictures/ directory is "writable by the webserver"?
>
> Also, what about the permissions of the directories below /pictures/?

The webserver (Apache most of the times) is running as another user id
(often called www-data, www-run, www or something similar) than the one
you are using to upload and modify files. For the pictures directory
this user id only has to be able to read the files, which is probably
the case anyway for all directories and files you upload.

For the small image previews though WikiGallery has to create new files
in the cache directory. As all this run under the user id of the
webserver, the webserver needs the right permissions on the cache
directory.

How to set the premissions now depends on your web hosting
environment. If you have ssh access something like the following will do
the job:

 chmod 777 cache

If you only have ftp access, you have to check your ftp client. It must
be able to set the write permission for everybody.

Schimmi