[pmwiki-users] Warning message about two WikiGroups with identical $GroupTitle

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 09:51:48 CST 2006

On 12/8/06, Shujun LI <ensjli at polyu.edu.hk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have two WikiGroups: ABC_cn and ABC_en, each of which has its own local customization files (local/ABC_cn.php and local/ABC_en.php).
> The titles of both WikiGroups are changed to ABC with the help of the GroupTitle recipe.
> With this setting, the following warning message is always displayed at the top of any page of WikiGroup ABC_en:
>
> =======
>
> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/PmWiki/local/ABC_en.php:1) in home/PmWiki/pmwiki.php on line 884
>
> =======
>
> It looks like that ABC_en has some conflicts with ABC_cn as they share the same title ABC.
>
> BTW, I am using the latest stable version of PmWiki: 2.1.26.

This may actually not be due to conflicts between the two local
customization files -- it may just be due to error(s) in one or
another of them.  The page
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Troubleshooting says:

*******************
Q:  Why am I seeing "Warning: Cannot modify header information -
headers already sent ..." messages at the top of my page.

A:  If this is the first or only error message you're seeing, it's
usually an indication that there are blank lines or spaces before the
<?php or after the ?> in a local customization file. Double-check the
file and make sure there aren't any blank lines or spaces before the
initial <?php. It's often easiest and safest to eliminate any closing
?> altogether.

Could one or another of your local group.php files need to be cleaned
up this way?

HTH.