[pmwiki-users] Blogging support in PMWiki

The Editor editor at fast.st
Fri Dec 8 09:41:24 CST 2006

PLEASE DON'T READ KATHRYN

On 12/8/06, Athan <foxx at freemail.gr> wrote:
> "The Editor" <editor at fast.st> wrote in message
> news:fec7cf150612080341g1c8062ebyf2189bc38b53cd68 at mail.gmail.com...
> >
> > Do you have a design spec in mind?
>
> Currently I use pmwiki in a university intranet, for article publishing and
> management. Something I'd like to add is a reader comment form at the bottom
> of specific article pages.
> Those forms should have name, email and node (url)  fields and submitted
> data will be included at the bottom of the article.
> Another necessary addition is a simple mailform (name, email, url and an
> option list) able to send mail to a single recipient.
>
> Do you think that the above can be easily implemented with zap? BTW do you
> think that zap usage will have any negative impact to the (already slow)
> pmwiki's searching performance?
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Athan

Actually this is pretty easy for ZAP.  I'll try and put a snippet for
you together if I can get a minute this weekend.  You will need the
ZAPmail module however if you are doing emails.  What kind of server
are you using?

If you get a chance, look at how the comments are done on the bottom
of the documentation pages at ZAPsite.org and let me know if there are
any other changes you would like from that, (besides different
fields).  Also, do you need help designing pagelist templates or is
that something you can do yourself?

Cheers,
Caveman

PS.  What url do you want in that field?  The url of the article?
What do you want in the pull down menu?  A list of optional
recipients?  Or what kind of options list?  And in the email, did you
want to sent the whole article or just a link?  That will help me get
the snippet right the first time...