[pmwiki-users] Blogging support in PMWiki

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Fri Dec 8 06:11:40 CST 2006

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 12:47:09PM +0200, Athan wrote:
> "The Editor" <editor at fast.st> wrote in message
> news:fec7cf150612080152r55982aa1waad2a5808dc2e3ed at mail.gmail.com...
> > Hate to pitch in here on this topic, but with the various capabilities
> > now available in zap is another blogging module really necessary?
>
> I admit that zap is a great plugin, however I think it is overkill for my
> needs. I do prefer something simpler and built into pmwiki core.

Seconded.

I am NOT installing ZAP.  ZAP is beta software.  ZAP is not part of the
core.

It seems like every time someone asks a question nowadays, The Editor
jumps in saying "ZAP will solve that!"  ZAP isn't even properly
*documented*.  ZAP may be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but if
there isn't enough documentation, it's like trying to cut bread without
a knife.  No software is complete until it is documented; documentation
isn't an afterthought.  And until ZAP is suitable for general use, it
isn't fair to keep on telling people to use it, let alone saying that
other plugins aren't necessary.

I am waiting for the promised *core* functionality to arrive.  The stuff
PM is presumably still working on.

Kathryn Andersen