[pmwiki-users] A Couple of Category Questions

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Dec 7 09:40:23 CST 2006

Thursday, December 7, 2006, 10:20:19 AM, Ian wrote:

> What would be a good method of restricting authors to only use a
> particular set of defined categories e.g. an edit form with a
> pre-defined list of categories.

A drop-down list would be sweet for this.
But we don't have a drop-down list input form amongst pmwiki's standard
input markup yet. And using such a thing on the edit form would mean
that it should place the appropriate category markup into the textarea.
This can only be done with javascript, and again (:input :) directives
will not allow javascript insets for understandable security
reasons. Only guibutton definitions are adding markup into the
textarea via javascript. Not quite the smart way to add category
links. Looks like a special recipe needs to be created for this.

Hans