[pmwiki-users] multiple views of same page

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 10:50:56 CST 2006

--- Seth Rothenberg <seth at pachai.net> wrote:

> Here's a challenge I face:
> I would like to have the site show
> a list/table etc. of volunteer opportunities
> available...
> and a volunteer could sign up for one...and
> it would only show RESERVED etc. on the page,
> but that slot is not open any more.
>

> How hard would it be to do this?
>

> (I'm thinking it would be hard.
> I imagine at this point, I would probably have
> to password-protect the editing, and use comments
> to store the names of volunteers....and I would be
> doing the editing.)

Seth,

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are trying to
do, but I will try to get your started.  If you want
to build a table/list that is a summary of data that
is on other pages, look into pagelist templating and
pagetextvariables.  With a combination of that and
proper permissions, you can probably achieve what you
want.  Also look into newpage templates, they might be
of help in your scenario.  Or, maybe even use the
AddDeleteLine2 recipe to create a signup form that
would automatically write the person's name to the
signup page, and 'RESERVED' to the appropriate spot so
that the table shows it reserved!

-Martin